You can download the report of the military’s investigation into the torture of prisoners in Abu Ghraib to obtain information.
6. (S) I find that the intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included
the following acts:
- (S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet;
- (S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees;
- (S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing;
- (S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time;
- (S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear women’s underwear;
- (S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped;
- (S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them;
- (S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;
- (S) Writing “I am a Rapest” (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;
- (S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainee’s neck and having a female Soldier pose for a picture;
- (S) A male MP guard having sex with a female detainee;
- (S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;
- (S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.
8. (U) In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses (ANNEX 26):
- (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees;
- (U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;
- (U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;
- (U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair;
- (U) Threatening male detainees with rape;
- (U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell;
- (U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick.
- (U) Using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.