Two good things happened today.

1. I became a Doctor, successfully defending my dissertation: “Studies in Theoretical Evolutionary Genetics.” As soon as I make some changes to the dissertation, I am done. Come August graduation, I’ll be a Triple Dawg.

2. We’ve come to an agreement to buy a townhouse in Raleigh. It looks like I will be moving mid July.

TrackBack URL for this entry: http://scit.us/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.fcgi/742.
Sent by The Panda's Thumb on June 14, 2006 8:31 PM

The early word is that PT contributor Reed Cartwright (real webpage) (alter ego) has, despite being a PT poster, helping to construct the PT blog, and spending his time annoying creationists, mangaged to PASS his dissertation defense. Watch out... [Read More]

Sent by Pharyngula on June 14, 2006 9:18 PM

I guess that since it's Reed Cartwright, we'll accept him into the ranks.... [Read More]

Sent by A Blog Around The Clock on June 14, 2006 10:12 PM

I was checking sporadically his blog throughout the day to see when the good news will get posted and, lo and behold, here it is! Reed Cartwright has successfully defended his PhD dissertation and, next month, is coming to my... [Read More]

Use KwickXML Formatting to markup your comments, acceptable tags: <b> <blockquote> <br> <code> <em> <email> <h1> <h2> <h3> <h4> <h5> <h6> <i> <li> <list> <ol> <p> <qref> <quote> <s> <strong> <sub> <sup> <u> <ul> <url>. You may need to refresh before you will see your comment.

Remember personal info?

Posted by coturnix on June 14, 2006 8:57 PM

Congratulations Dr.Cartwright!!!! You deserve a drink or two or three tonight…

And when you come to Raleigh, please give me a holler. Let’s have a beer.

Perhaps once day soon you’ll join SEED scienceblogs.com and make the dominant North Carolina mafia there even more dominant!

Posted by Mike White on June 14, 2006 9:14 PM

A very, very big congratulations! I’m a frequent reader but rare commenter on PT. I know how it feels - I just defended in December. You’ve got the union card now.

Good luck in Raleigh. If you’re headed there for a postdoc, I’m sure you’ll love it - postdoc life is great.

Posted by RavenT on June 14, 2006 9:39 PM

Congratulations, Dr. Reed!

Posted by RavenT on June 14, 2006 9:40 PM

Congratulations, Dr. Reed!

Posted by RavenT on June 14, 2006 9:41 PM

oops! consider that not so much a double-post, as a double congratulations :)…

Posted by jps on June 14, 2006 10:22 PM

Congratulations Dr. Reed!

I moved to Raleigh (well, Apex) from California, and ignoring the humidity, it’s a good place to be.

there’s a lot of great opportunities for you here, and we need all the evolutionists we can get.

Posted by kd on June 14, 2006 10:44 PM

We’ve come to an agreement

and who is this we?

Posted by Kristjan Wager on June 15, 2006 3:12 AM

Congratulations on both counts.

Posted by bigdumbchimp on June 15, 2006 10:07 AM

Congrats.

Went to NC State and had family in Raligh all my life. Good place.

Posted by Mandi on June 16, 2006 4:20 PM

Congrats Dr Reed!!! How exciting!!

Are you gonna come back for the graduation ceremony in August??

Can’t wait to see the new townhouse!!!

Posted by Ed Darrell on June 16, 2006 7:06 PM

Too bad you live in a dry state.

Triple Dawg? Good name for an amber lager.

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on June 16, 2006 8:25 PM

Mandi wrote:

Congrats Dr Reed!!! How exciting!!

Are you gonna come back for the graduation ceremony in August??

Can’t wait to see the new townhouse!!!

(Comment # 7758)

Yes, I will be at graduation.

Posted by Reed A. Cartwright on June 16, 2006 8:25 PM

Ed Darrell wrote:

Too bad you live in a dry state.

(Comment # 7775)

Dry state? What are you talking about?